Friday, February 8, 2008

Prayer Request

I am going to take a break from "all about me" for a moment and put out there a request for a prayer chain.

Please keep my cousin Sarah and her fiancee Derek in your prayers.

Derek was working with his father building his and my cousin's future home, when he fell two stories into the concrete basement and broke his fall with his head. He has been in Critical Care in a well known NY Neurological Hospital since last Wednesday, and is making baby steps of progress. They were just able to do the CAT Scans yesterday and I have not heard the latest prognonsis yet. He comes from an extremely loving and religiously strong family that has turned their trust over to God in this time of crisis.

I had just received a letter from my cousin in the mail last Monday that was seeping with excitement for the life that she and Derek are about to begin with eachother and now she is faced with the possibility of losing him forever. My heart is breaking for her and Derek's family and I am hoping that all of you will join me in prayer (if your not religious-than positive thoughts) for Derek's recovery and for strength and peace for Sarah and Derek's family.

Sarah - I LOVE YOU and Lee and I are here for you!!!

(Isaiah 40:29-31) He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments: