Sunday, September 28, 2008

#2

Well, I heard from the agency on Friday...after I made up an additional excuse to email the admin!! (heehee I am so sneaky!) We are number TWO on the prospective list... so only two more families on the active list have to be matched with their babies and we will begin getting shown to all prospective birthmoms that are a good fit for us! It's absolutely crazy to think Lee and I could just be chilling on the couch on a Thursday night watching The Office, and we could get a call to come pick up our child!! I think once we are on the active list I will literally sprint to the phone everytime it rings! And I think Lee is probably going to have to start drinking on a nightly basis to cope with my insanity! heehee!
Anyway... my other questions that I had for the agency were regarding traveling for the holidays back to NY... I wasn't sure how it would work if a birthmom wanted to meet us while we were out of town and I had thought that it was illegal to take the baby out of state until the adoption was finalized (usually 5-6 months after placement)... but it's not...so it looks like Lee and I will get to travel to NY for Christmas this year. Which I am really excited about! We didn't go "home" to NY last year and although I loved having Christmas in our new house I did miss the chaos that surrounds holidays with my family! Lee and I will have to figure out what we are going to do with our pups.. I think it would be cool to drive but the question is whether mom will allow her two granddoggies to stay in her house...my guess would be "no"!! So we'll have to see! Maybe if we by some miracle have a baby by that time... we can bribe her with the prospect of seeing her human grandchild... hmmmm...what do you think mom???? heehee! Anyway...that is the latest news from here.. we are one step closer.... I can't wait!
Talk to you all soon!
Hugs,
Kristy and Lee

2 comments:

alicia said...

yay #2!!!! that is soo exciting! you are almost there, a baby by Christmas sounds doable for sure!!!

cjsayers77 said...

I'm so excited for you!!! #2 that's soooo great! YAYYYYYAYYAYAY!!!!